2009 is just about in the books. As I think about the potential and promises of 2010, I wanted to take a look back at 2009 and review the highlights of a busy and productive year. We welcomed new clients and team members into the fold, executed our first “Worst Website Ever” contest, built our blog and Twitter account (@strategicguru), let our hair down a little and prepped the business for the next step in growth. Phew!
Here are some of the Strategic Guru greatest hits from 2009:
- Our top-viewed blog posts included, not surprisingly, posts on the Worst Website Ever contests. Over 14,000 votes were logged! Congrats again to our winner, Dave of A & S. Also, our thoughts on the rules of engagement for social media also caught reader’s eyes. 2009 marked the year when social media truly was embraced by businesses of all shapes and sizes.
- The most popular article downloaded from our website was How Social Networking Will Impact Your Business. Also seeing good action were How to Gain Market Advantage in an Economic Downturn and How To Identify Your Target Market.
- We also garnered six design awards (go Janet)! Among our proudest achievements are the MarCom Platinum awards conferred for a re-branding campaign for client Fuse Graphics and work on a corporate brochure for Knowledge Vector. The PURL lead generation campaign for Piedmont Geologic earned a MarCom honorable mention.
- Head Brainstormer, Carolyn Rhinebarger, appeared at 10 different speaking engagements and addressed over 200 attendees in national webinar hosted by Training Industry. She’s also off to Amsterdam in early 2010 to lead a brainstorming session with global business leaders
- We introduced two new product offerings: CaptureClix and OnTarget, lead generation and nurturing programs to help build sales.
2010 promises to be another year of change and growth. A heartfelt thank you to our wonderful clients who we are thrilled to help. See you in the new decade!